Friday, April 2, 2010


Animal books are awesome. Anything book with talking animals will immediately be accepted onto my bookshelf. Aside from Harry Potter and other books like that, animal related books are the only kind I’ll read. Some of my favorites of this “furry” genre are: Redwall, Silverwing, and Warriors. Every summer when I’m at my cottage I always read and reread all of these books as I can.
There is one book that I have been holding out on for a reason, and that is Watership Down. I purchased Watership Down a while back but my sister, who was in grade 8 a while back, that I would be reading it for LA, told me. I’ve heard many good things about it from my parents, and I’m eager to read it. Now I’ve been told that we aren’t going to read it in term 3. Although I could read it on my own time, I would love to be able to read it for school. And now with our teacher asking us what we might want to add to the term 3 curriculum, this is the perfect time to bring up this argument.
Watership Down hasn’t been read by the grade 8s in a while but I think it is a very good book to bring back. One of the reasons it’s so great is that it’s about rabbits; how many books can you think of that are like that? Another thing is that Watership Down is a very known book, and gets a lot of praise. Finally the book is one that can provide a lot of work (not that I want work) for our teacher to give us. I think that reading Watership Down for class in term 3 would be great for us students and our teacher.

P.S. I commented on Andrew's blog

No comments: