Sunday, February 21, 2010

My blog


Please excuse my run on sentences, I feel it helps get the point across.

If you read this blog regularly (thank you if you are) then you have noticed that I publish a new post weekly. Well I have a problem with that! Having to write three paragraphs to the best of my ability each week is exhausting my writing. Writing is not something that can be pushed, it needs to come when you get inspiration. And when you have a busy life, inspiration comes more rarely and over all it is harder to write for a blog.

There are many influences in my life that really don’t help doing what I am doing right now. First is other school work, there are so many projects, and plain old work that when the time comes around to write a blog, you just don’t feel like anything good can come out of your pulsing head. Second is my social life, although I may not have much of a social life there is still enough chaos to give me a headache, but then I wonder what it’s like for other people. Third is my other writing, I am writing a book (which you will know if you read some of my previous entries) and I haven’t written a word in it for many weeks because my writing is going toward my blog (that’s not good).  All of these combined with the fact that my teacher marking this right now marks these blogs heavily really gets me out of the mood for getting my computer out and typing about a pointless topic.

Writing should be fun and enjoyable, but blogs aren’t. I realize that you, ***oh teacher***, have tricked almost our whole class into writing these blogs instead of writing journal entries, or short essays which are exactly the same. Now with this busy time of the year we are all very busy, (especially because of science fair) I ask that you lighten the load. ***It is but a dream to only do a blog entry once a month***(add a Shakespearean accent to those last star surrounded parts) but if that isn’t enough, then perhaps one every other week. And another thing, you have to mark every blog that’s written, so you have a lot of work out of our work. And lastly, in the one in seven billion chance that I have a fan of my blog, I apologize for scaring you with this information.

***Tristan*** =D

1 comment:

andrew said...

Great post Tristan I agree with a lot of the points but two. Firstly when you said it uses up your creative juices I disagree it challenges them to improve it's what schools all about. Secondly Once a week is enough I think every other week is to little. As you said you are writing a story try as soon as your done writing your blog write some of your story it may help. This was a stellar blog I challenge you to write one twice as good next time Tristan I'll be waiting.

Oh by the way I'm a fan! :)